Information and reservation phone : +90 266 324 80 80

PLACES TO VISIT

The ancient city of Assos

The history of Assos Ancient City goes back to 6th Century B.C. The city was faced to the sea and people were climbing down via terraces to the sea. After the Ottoman Empire had settled to the area, the settlement moved to the opposite site and Behramkale village was founded.

The city was built on an extinct volcanic hill, between andesite rocks and 236m high from the sea. Andesite stone was used during the construction of buildings. Although Assos stone is hard to handle, it is a durable stone; the old people called it man eater. Sarcophaguses made from this stone had been exported in the old days.

The first archeological excavation was made between 1881-1883 in Assos by an American archeologist group. In 1981 during the second start of the excavation, necropol was the first to be discovered.

DETAILS
BERGAMA PERGAMON ANCIENT CITY ACROPOLIS

The ruins, pottery and tools found in research conducted in Bergama showed that settlement in the region began in the Neolithic Era. In the foothills of the Acropolis, stone cutters dated back to this period were found in the soil embankments and nephrite stone axe was discovered in the hills. The pieces dated back to 4000 BC were also accompanied by ceramic vases of Bronze Age. A small settlement in the archaic period which does not provide evidence for further investigation showed that findings from Pergamon were related to the settlement dated back to 800 BC.

In 1883-1885 the excavations in Acropolis revealed ruins of large building. The architectural fragments scattered in the surroundings showed that the destruction was produced by an earthquake. The building was 9 m higher than Temple of Athena and 55 m higher than the theater terrace and was connected with Athena Temenna, additionally, the east door and stairway were linked to the library. The terrace where the building was located is the highest point of the acropolis. The structure was closely related with helenistic era, the area was reinforced with arch and vault and surrounded by the stoas. The Temple of Emperor Trajan (98-117 AD), who was associated by Romans with a god, was constructed here. After his death the temple was completed by his successor Emperor Hadrian (117-138 AD). Nowadays the statues of both emperors founded here during the excavations are kept in Berlin Museum.

DETAILS
Cunda ISLAND

Cunda Island is a stunning beauty in the Ayvalik Islands Archipelago in Turkey. Located close to Greece in the North-eastern Aegean Sea and connected by a causeway to the mainland, the Cunda island is easily accessible to tourists. Today, Cunda become a town of cobblestoned streets, nice beaches, beautiful stone houses with colorful shutters, olive tree groves, and fish restaurants by the sea all outfitted with an absolute air of tranquility. All these will make your holiday unforgettable.

DETAILS